Given below are the GIT Rules as formulated by GIT under the rights it reserves as per the Terms and Condition (“T&C”) document participants have already signed. GIT reserves the exclusive right to update these rules as per requirements.
- There will be 4 rounds in the competition after which the competition shall reach the Finals Rounds. The 4th round is the elimination round.
- Finals Rounds will be by elimination process and GIT will create sub-groups for contestants based on style/art form / age group of performance.
Key Dates & Numbers:
- GIT is open to receive videos until it reaches its Dynamic Limit or until March 31, 2012, whichever is earlier.
- The Dynamic Limit is - 5,000 videos for each category, whichever is earlier.
- Audition – means that a video uploaded by a contestant is reviews by the judges for points. The decision of the judges for their points is final and cannot be challenged by the contestants on any grounds whatsoever. Telecasting the audition footage shall be the absolute discretion of GIT.
- Judges – GIT shall be judged by a three (3) member panel of judges, director of the show and 2 assistant directors. GIT has the right to choose and appoint the Judges/directors at its discretion. The decision of the judges for points shall be final and contestants shall not challenge this on any grounds whatsoever.
- Views – means the number of times a video is viewed on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, GIT website, etc. Each SMS shall be equal to 10 views. The average of Judges (2.5) will be also be taken into consideration if the contestant falls short of the required views to automatically qualify for the next round.
- Videos – Each contestant is required to submit a new/fresh video under any of the categories for entering GIT. A new/fresh video shall mean a video which has not been broadcast or used or show or telecast or as the case may be for any other purpose either on TV or online or any other medium as the case maybe. Once a video is submitted to GIT contestants are not allowed to post the same video on any other medium whether TV or Online or any other medium of showing. All the intellectual property rights in the video of all types shall purely rest with GIT as per the T&C Document signed between the contestants and GIT.
- Wild Cards – GIT reserves the exclusive right to introduce ____a max of 25%____ of wild card entries based on Judges discretion for and up to the 4th round.
Movement to next rounds:
- Video gets less than 100 views – out of contention for audition.
- Video gets more than 100 views but less than 250 views – eligible for audition. Decision to go to next/2nd round based on Judges scores. Video gets more than 250 views – automatically eligible for next round. Only 50% of the contestants of the Dynamic Limit are eligible for next/2nd round. This round shall close by June 2012 or until it reaches its Dynamic Limit.
- Contestant gets more than 1,000 views cumulatively for his videos from 1st and 2nd round automatically eligible for next/3rd round. Contestant can submit multiple videos but the most viewed video will be taken for competition from each round. Only 10% of the contestants of the Dynamic Limit are eligible for next round. For cumulative views between 500-1,000 views from the first & second round videos, a judges review for consideration to next round is possible. This round shall close by Aug 2012 or until it reaches the Dynamic Limit.
- Contestant gets more than 5,000 views cumulatively for his videos from 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds automatically eligible for next/4th round. Contestant can submit multiple videos but the most viewed video will be taken for competition from each round. Only 10% of the contestants of the dynamic limit are eligible for the next round. This round shall close by October 2012 or until it reaches the Dynamic Limit.
- The 4th round is the elimination round and will be based on a combination of views, SMS votes, likes, judges scores resulting in 10 finalists. We reserve the right to break the finalists into subgroups for distribution of prize amounts and selection of winners, runners up and 3rd place. The rules and weightage for each of these will be decided and announced prior to the commencement of the final rounds.
- For every round contestants should submit a new video.
- For each round the earlier views received shall be allowed to be carried forward to the next level.
- The total Prize for GIT is INR 1 Crores subject to Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) as pr the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Division and distribution of the Prize Money shall be based on a formula consisting of the number of categories, subcategories in the finals.
- The Prize shall be divided amongst each of the various categories up to a maximum limit of INR 25 Lakhs each. GIT reserves the exclusive right to decide the manner of division and distribution of the Prize.